Search This Blog

Saturday 14 July 2018

We Have A New Fence =21=

Finally after starting to build last weekend we now have a new fence in our backyard. If I was smart, I would have taken pictures of the completed thing... though to be fair, my phone was under 5% once we were done today so I wasn't able to see anything with which to take pictures. So on that note, I'll have to take some pictures once I get the chance and post them later for everyone to see.

There's something special about taking the time to build a new fence with your family... other than the fact that you're saving money by not paying someone else to do it for you. My mom and dad came in to Moose Jaw to help out; unfortunately dad managed to hurt himself in the process. I got a great workout from the whole thing by carrying things around the backyard and using the air nailer (which is much heavier than you'd think after holding it all day).

Thankfully our neighbor used to be in construction and he's a super helpful and awesome guy, so right from the start he wandered over and brought some tools to help take the old fence down and dig holes for new posts and help put the whole thing up. I guess he must really enjoy working outside and doing construction projects because he was eager to help us every day including just yesterday when we finished up with the gates and the final boards.

I have to say, I feel so lucky to have such an awesome family and an amazing neighbor to help us set up a new fence. The whole thing is six feet tall now so there's no hope of either of our dogs jumping out over the fence which is what started this whole thought of replacing the fence in the first place.

Finally I can let them both out to run around and burn off their energy once again without worrying about them getting out. The last thing I have to do now is clean up all the junk wood and any loose nails in the yard and then everyone will have more room and we can hang out and actually use and enjoy our yard. Now that I've spent so much time outside this year I'm really looking forward to having a nice space where we can sit around or play in (I just have to clean up some poo from the dogs and we'll be good to go).

I'll upload pictures as soon as I can so you can all see just how beautiful our new fence is. ^_^

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment