Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 July 2018

=== Food Review - Burger Cabin - Burgers - 7/10 ===

Recently while out for a hike we stopped at the Burger Cabin in Wakamow Valley in the southeast area of Moose Jaw. There are always places which are talked about throughout cities and this was one of them which we hadn't been to yet; perhaps that means we don't get out enough to explore the very city we live in. No matter the reason, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food made at this location.

I'm always a fan of onion rings anywhere I go even though Carley hates anything to do with onions and would rather not be anywhere near me after they've been eaten... so I got some onion rings to see how they rate compared to other places. They're great!

I also got myself chicken strips because I'm not really all that much of a fan of burgers (though I will eat them if there aren't any other good options). I was quite pleased with the chicken strips and honestly if they didn't make very good chicken strips, I would be concerned about the quality of the rest of the food. Carley got herself a burger which she was quite pleased with and I'm sure she would happily get another one if we went back.

The only thing that went wrong with the meal was that I asked for a large drink and only got half of one which was also somewhat flat. The good news is that me only having half of a drink was no fault of their own, but rather was because a sneaky Carley drank half of my drink on the way to the picnic table. The flat drink was obviously because their Co2 was running out and I don't blame them for that either, it happens every once in a while.

The location of the shop is what really makes this a special place for me. It's not down town or even in a residential area really. It's more of a destination place for the purpose of eating outside and enjoying fresh air at the same time because you're having a lovely meal in the park right by all the trees and water and everything else that's nice in the area.

So all in all, I would say this was a good place to go. The food isn't super special, but the location is great, which for me earns it 7/10. If you're looking for a nice place to eat in Moose Jaw, check this one out and let me know what you think.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment