Search This Blog

Monday 27 March 2017

I've Got All This Time On My Hands!

     It's just about 9:00 in the evening and I've got nothing but time on my hands; I've only been here since 8:00 in the morning. We were expecting to have Carley induced this morning due to complicatoins, but then between two doctors and one obstetrician, we were told there are no complications. So with that, Carley made the decision to be induced anyways.

     Eight hours later and here we are waiting with Carley beginning to feel some pains, tightenings, and contractions. I don't think either of us are REALLY knowing what to expect here both during the labour and after once we finally get to go home. I know I'm getting pretty excited at the moment, but I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to get everything done all at once. I'll now have to work 8 to 10 hours a day depending on the drive, keep up with homework, take care of the dog, AND I'll have to help with our dear child. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this and look forward to our family, but at the same time I'm super scared that I won't have enough time for everything.

     Have you ever wished there was something you didn't have to do any more in your life? I wish I didn't have to sleep ever again. I would gain an additional eight hours a day! Oh, what I would do with all that extra time.... Right now all I can do is wait and wonder, what will happen, and how will we re-balance our lives? Our schedules will have to be re-worked, we'll have to plan out our meals better, and I feel like I'll have to figure out everything over again after I feel like I had just figured it out!

     So here we are back to the moment at hand. Carley's contractions are getting stronger and all I can do it sit here and watch and wait for whatever happens to happen. The good news, is that it seems like she may not have to have a c-section due to a failed induction. But I really wish there was more that I could do at this point. Honestly, I feel like I'm going to be the most awkward parent ever who has no idea how to handle having a child. My mind is reeling with possibilities left and right and I haven't a clue which path to follow through the intertwining branches of the overgrown forest inside of me.

I can't imagine how Carley is feeling at this point.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment