Search This Blog

Friday 17 March 2017

Racing

     Why is it that so many people get so excited to watch racing? Don't get me wrong, I think powerful and fast vehicles are pretty cool, but cars are just so common-place to me that I don't find them to be very interesting. If I were to get myself past that first hurdle of vehicle boredom and then actually watch a race go on, I would then wonder why I'm watching bodies of metal, plastic, and rubber go around a track over 100 times for the next few hours.

     Something about watching engines rev around a track really gets some people to be quite excited, but if it's not the vehicles... what is it? It could be an endurance game; it does take a long time to go around a track 100 times and if you go too fast you'll ruin your car. So does that mean the entertainment is in watching drivers try to gauge how far they can take their vehicle before it needs to be fixed? Something tells me that's not quite right...

     There must be some kind of strategy behind racing, right? I haven't a clue what sort of strategy there is behind turning a wheel left and right and putting the pedal to the metal. Oh alright, I do understand that you have to practice to learn how hard to turn and how much to speed up and slow down for every turn. You also need to learn to shift gears at the right time and properly. But... why would people be interested in watching racing for that reason? I mean... you can't exactly see the driver doing what they're doing from the stands.

     I'm pretty convinced the real reason is because everybody wants to see a fiery car crash. I mean, maybe not... but that's probably why I would watch it if I did. Because I would want to see a fiery car crash. I'm sure there's more important things than that, but what other reason would there be to watch such a sport unless you're really into cars. As a nerd, I'm not too much into cars; I only know what I need to know to get from point A to point B not much more than that. Cars are a bit of a mystery to me in all honesty and I'm not really sure why someone would want to race them.

Anyways, have a great day everybody! ^_^

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment