Search This Blog

Sunday 11 March 2018

=== The Quiet Amount Of Trouble ===

     Everything was going so well. This weekend I've been looking after Isabelle while Carley has been working and last night I experienced the quiet amount of trouble. The day had gone pretty well with minimal whining and crying from my little girl. I figured it would be a fine time to let her crawl around and take a little bit of time to relax to myself. So she crawled around and played with some toys on her own for a bit until she decided to crawl away into her room on her own.


     How could that sweet little face possibly cause any trouble? I think to myself as I hear some rummaging around coming from her room. I can tell this rummaging is the sound of her playing with her toys in her cardboard toy box. I also periodically hear the sound of her touching a plastic bag as well, but other than that, not much noise. After some time of relaxing on the couch and playing a game I figured I should go and check on her. I come to her room right as she's leaving her room and I notice her hands are quite a bit more white than they normally are. In face, they're pasty white... with some kind of paste on them. I looked up from her to see her toy chest covered in white paste as well on the top and the side... and an open container which is also covered in white inside and out. Not only that, but there was paste on the toy box, on her singing book, on various other toys, in the carpet... you name it. And all the while she was VERY upset that she had to be cleaned off from this. If she had her way, her hands would have stayed that way for the rest of the night.


     This is what she managed to get into; a container of Penaten. She was super quiet and didn't make a noise while doing so. For those of you who don't know what this stuff is, it's used to treat and prevent diaper rash. This stuff is a lot harder to clean off than I would have thought; especially when coming off of various inanimate objects. This just goes to show that a baby suddenly going quiet either means they're keeping themselves entertained with something good... or they're entertained because they're getting into something. I think I've learned my lesson this time.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment