Search This Blog

Sunday 4 March 2018

=== Campaign Clicker - Mobile Game Review, Idle Clicker - 5/10 ===

     Continuing my rampage of playing through games and reviewing them brings us today to Campaign Clicker. I'm always on the hunt for a good idle game I can open up every once in a while, make some progress and leave it until the next time I'm free for a while. This game brings a new option to the table one where the game resets itself every 24 hours. You get bonuses based on how well you did during the last "campaign" whenever a new campaign begins. On one hand, I love this idea, but on the other... if you don't have time to check up on your game pretty often, it sort of defeats the purpose of being an "idle" game in my opinion.


     Throughout each campaign you can either run as a republican or democrat and you can pick your candidate from a list of people whom you've unlocked. This is really just a cosmetic difference and if you're actually interested in politics and platforms and things, each candidate will have different speeches they run through during the campaign which you can read... or skip... or just not pay attention to whatsoever because it makes absolutely no difference.


     I don't mind this game, but as I'm not interested in politics (especially in the United States) I found my attention and interest in this game dwindled VERY quickly. I don't have a lot to say about this game because I wasn't interested in it long enough to get very far into it. In fact, I didn't make it through one 24-hour campaign. It has all the building blocks of an idle clicker game where click and bunch, then upgrade your abilities so you can click better and even to get more during the times when you're not directly playing.


     Personally, I don't think politics and games make a good match. I'm sure there are some instances where there are some really good games, but on the list of idle clicker games, this one ends up as a 5/10 for me. It's not engaging enough or of an interesting enough topic to keep my attention (I actually find the subject matter to be rather off-putting). I'm also not really a fan of the idea that I HAVE to start over again from the beginning every 24-hour period. If you want to give this a try, it seems like it works well with no bugs or issues, but if you're looking for something more interesting I'd recommend to give this one a pass.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment