Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 February 2017

My Blog Has Progressed!

     The most amazing thing happened only a couple days ago; my Google AdSense application was accepted! My blog officially has enough content and traffic that I'm allowed to run ads on my site. Of course that's not likely to earn me much at this point, but I think it's pretty cool that if I put enough work into it and I'm patient, I have the opportunity to make something out of this. I didn't think I would be accepted at least until I would have something more like 500 people looking at my site per day. At this point I'm so happy that I've already been accepted.

     I don't really have a ton to talk about today besides my excitement over the situation. This really motivates me to put more effort into this and see where I can take it. It's really something so small that doesn't have a huge impact on my life right now... but it's actually kind of amazing just what kind of effect it has. It's like someone coming, giving me a pat on the back, and saying "you've done a good job, so here's an opportunity for you."

     The hardest part with this now is really that I actually have to remain diligent and continue to make posts. In the past I've put off my want to write things to do other things instead either for my own amusement or out of necessity. Now, I have an excuse to make this something higher up on my priority list. I now have a reason to listen to the news or read articles and then write my own thoughts and post it for all of you to read. Now this really has a purpose; something I was starting to wonder if it would ever happen. Yeah, I would look at my stats and see maybe one or two more people viewing my site each time I'd post something; in the grand scheme of things, it often looked like the same pattern of numbers going up and down every time.

     So yeah, I'm excited, and now I have new goals to work for. Just when I thought I was getting stuck in a rut, this breakthrough has happened. Obviously I still have a bunch of work which must be done to continue my progress to a level which would really help us out each and every month. If I can get to that point though... if I can get more traffic to my site, more content out there, more entertainment to the people, more reason for people to keep coming back and bringing more and more people with them... then I can get somewhere with this. I really have an amazing opportunity here and I can only hope that I'm able to pull through with what I need.

     Wish me luck everybody! ^_^

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment