Search This Blog

Monday 13 November 2017

=== World Kindness Day ===

     I'm honestly unsure how I feel that we have designated a World Kindness Day. That makes it sound like we're never nice to each other on any other day... or that we need some kind of excuse to actually be nice to the people around us.

     Don't get me wrong, I think it's great for people to show respect to others and I wouldn't want to take something like that from the world, but I do question whether it's something we should truly need. Wouldn't the world be perfect if we could all be nice to each other all the time?

     Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of people who are driven by a desire to be successful in some way; whether that means being rich, or powerful, or whatever else a person wants which would make them feel like an accomplished person. And when these factors come into play, we end up with a lot of people who would much rather treat others quite poorly for their own gain.

Well, here's hoping we can find some balance in the world.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment