Search This Blog

Saturday 17 September 2016

Nobody Teaches You This Stuff In School

     So recently I've come into a couple issues when it comes to money and things. There's a lot of backstory to it, but I'm not going to go into all of that. Now that I think of it, I'm not really sure what I want to talk about or how to say it. All I know is that I'm just a little bit disappointed and the only thing that can be done is just to find more regularity and stability. If you have ever lived paycheck to paycheck, then I would imagine you'd know exactly how I'm feeling. Everything is going great, maybe even looking up and like you're going to get on top. Then suddenly you get a little bit messed up. The good news for us right now is that it can still be fixed, whether we get help or not.

     Usually I have a much better idea of how I want to order things and link things together, but today I'm just not really sure. I guess I wish handling money and making decisions with it was something they taught you in school. If you're really paying attention, they kind of teach you about how interest works when it comes to credit cards and mortgages. Nobody tells you how to decide which bill to pay when you can only pay for one of them.

     There's a lot of things we feel kids don't get taught in school and a lot of ways we feel like school doesn't encourage children in their true interests. Hence, Carley and I have agreed that we'd like to home-school our children. Yes, it would be a lot of work, but that's the kind of thing Carley really enjoys doing; I would also love the ability to encourage my children to put their own time into learning more about something that really interests them without it feeling like they HAVE to because an assignment is due in a week.

     I don't know, I guess today is really just more of some kind of rant or vent than an ordered idea as usual. My apologies if this isn't the usual post you like to read, but every once in a while it's nice to get things off your chest. I'll make up for this with a post on an actual interesting topic sometime soon. I know there have been some things to do with space recently that I'd love to give my opinion on (not that anybody NEEDS my opinion on things).

     Anywhos, have a wonderful day and stay awesome everybody out there! You're all the best in some way. Keep doing what you do best! ^_^

~ Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment