Search This Blog

Sunday 10 June 2018

Jaw Surgery Adventure - The Day Before =5=

With nerves at an all time high, off we went to Saskatoon one day before surgery day. I enjoy the drive of a road trip, but Carley decided she was in the mood to drive us there; I have no complaints about her wanting to drive places so that I don't have to drive all the time.

Carley driving gave me the perfect opportunity to search for a place where we could stay for the night. Honestly I just looked for something less expensive that wasn't a bed and breakfast or some kind of weird shared kitchen and washroom sort of thing. As it turns out, I picked the perfect place right across the street from the Cheesetoast Restaurant. Carley wasn't allowed to have anything fatty to eat the day before her surgery so we figured why not have some cheese toast along with whatever else we decided to order? She didn't even eat the cheese toast that came with her meal... But it was very tasty for me.

After food we found there was a Ruckers only a couple blocks down the street from the motel we stayed at. We definitely spent a couple hours there and probably could have spent a few hours more if we had more money to burn; some of those games are pretty fun and addicting. Let me just tell you, there's a Crossy Road game at the Ruckers there which is basically a slightly dumbed down version of the Crossy Road mobile game which is SUPER fun and I would have gladly spent the entire time there playing that if I had my own tokens... but I let Carley have most of the tokens to play the games she wanted to play. I now have Crossy Road on my phone to play in my spare time thanks to that experience.

I think we successfully distracted Carley from the coming Surgery and kept her spirits quite high that day before heading to the hospital. We finished the night off with some cake we took home from the Cheesetoast Restaurant and watch The Shawshak Redemption from start to finish because it was conveniently starting right as we got back to the motel and I had never seen it before. Then it was off to dreamy sleepy land for the rest of the night.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment