Search This Blog

Sunday 28 February 2016

Apartment Life

     Is there any escape from the noise of living in an apartment? It seems not. Now, I don't exactly have a ton of experience in apartments seeing as this is only the second one I've lived in... but it seems common so far to have a lot of noise to listen to from the other tenants. The family on the same floor as myself seems to have children that I can hear sometimes when they're having a bath or whatever. I don't mind them, I don't hear them often, and when I do I understand that they're children and they're not like... yelling really loudly in an attempt to annoy everybody around them. They're just being kids.

     The girl upstairs on the other hand. I can't tell if she's living with someone else or not, but I QUITE often hear hear bawling or yelling about something. I can actually currently hear her telling someone to "F" off. This, I find to be a little bit annoying. Most of the time I couldn't care less because I have music or whatever to listen to rather than having to hear her. You would think that myself being the interoverted nerd I am wouldn't mind too much and that I would put on my headphones and tune her out... but even I have my limits. My goodness.

     It's honestly less that I find her annoying and more that... it makes me feel bad for the actions of myself and Carley in the past. I'm usually not very quick to anger, but if someone knows how to, they could probably annoy me pretty easily. I'm definitely working on keeping my anger down, I think I've handled things a lot better recently; I could always use a little bit of help though. I don't know about other people, but I find it quite bothersome to have someone get so quick to anger when I'm only trying to be accepting and understanding. What I admire most in a person is them being understanding and forgiving even when it's so hard for them to do. That's something I strive to do.

     So I guess I have to wonder what could possibly be going on up there that I hear this sort of thing going on every couple days or so. Even though I wonder about it... and wonder why she keeps subjecting herself to whatever is going on up there over and over again... I have to look at myself and remember that I have done the same thing. I hope my future is less argumentative and more understanding than is has been in the past. The future will tell me what happens.

~ Kyle

3 comments: