Search This Blog

Friday 19 January 2018

=== Bumps And Bruises ===

     I don't often post about my baby, but lately there have been a lot of bumps and bruises around the house. Isabelle has started pulling herself up on things to a stand. For the most part, this is very cute as she stands there and reaches for things and then gets to a point where she's not really sure what she wants to do. Then she has to think about it and figure out how to get down without hurting herself. This is great that she's learning to do things! Unfortunately this also means she has to go through the process of figuring out how to get down properly which has resulted in a few tears from collisions.

     Silly me, I had thought for a moment that we were past the hitting of heads on inanimate objects, but apparently I was TOTALLY wrong about that; it has only gotten worse than before. Thankfully she takes these things quite well most times. She seems like a pretty tough kid, though I suppose we won't know for sure until she gets a bit older and can communicate better. If there's one thing that will always make her laugh even when she's absolutely bawling... it's tossing her in the air; she LOVES being tossed in the air. I'm confident she's going to be a thrill-rider when she gets older.

     In other family news, Carley has managed to find a way to get back to the gym again during my working days even with the cold weather killing the use of her car. She's so excited about going to the gym that's she'll be going again today even though she's woken up sore this morning. I think it's great for her to get out of the house and spend time doing other things. It's kind of nice having some time around the house alone. Well.... obviously the child will be here as well, but seriously, Carley needs to get more fresh air outside the house. I worry about her when she's cooped up for so long. Everybody needs to get outside every once in a while... even this nerd here.

     As for myself... not much interesting going on other than a renewed vigor for making blog posts and doing productive things. I almost wiped out and had some bruises of my own, but thankfully I started wearing my ice cleats after the freezing rain this us this past week. As uncomfortable as they are to wear with them not staying sitting right on my shoe.... they really help with grip on ice so much more than you realize. The only think I don't like about them is taking them off and putting them on again all the time. If you don't take them off, then you basically have no grip when it comes to tile and things like that. I suppose safety is more important than convenience though.

Anyways, that's all for today! Have a great day everybody! ^_^

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment