Search This Blog

Sunday 2 April 2017

First day back at work since baby was born.

     So today was my first day back to work since our daughter was born; oh my goodness was I ever a mess this morning. So I'm almost at work and I realize... I have no keys to get into work... great. I send a text to my boss who says I may be able to talk to one of our associates who lives nearby and gives me the address. I run over there and get there just as she pulls into her parking space and tells me she just let someone else into the office as well. She drives me back over to the office and lets me in and the first thing I do is grab the extra set of keys I know are available.

     Alright, so everything is good, right? Wrong. I have a showing this afternoon who calls me and asks if he can have his showing done earlier. I agree to that and make plans to meet him downtown to do the showing... and then end up calling him back to tell him I can't do the showing because I don't have keys for downtown... I forgot them at home. He asked if there was anything else I would be able to show him and I tell him I can show him things around here.

     So now's the fun part: He gets here, I talk to him a bit and figure out what he's looking for, find options, stroll out of the office with him in tow walking out of the building and to another building with the vacant unit to show, get to the door of the unit............. I left my keys in the office. So I had to ask the guy to wait so I could run over to the associate's place and ask her to let me in again. She has to call another associate who's in the area to do a couple showings to swing by and let me back into the office.

     Ugh, what a silly morning this has been. I don't think I've ever been more disorganized since I've started working here. One thing after another this morning. I'm dearly hoping I don't have to do much else this afternoon seeing as I'm not sure at this point if I'll manage to do it correctly or if I'll somehow manage to lock myself out of the office AGAIN with no keys.

     What caused all of this? Well I'm feeling pretty good for sleep. We managed to sleep in pretty good yesterday which I think caught me up at least to where I need to be as long as I have a caffeine or two in the morning. But seriously, all I was thinking about this morning was NOT work. My thoughts this morning consisted of "Please stop crying, I don't like loud, here's a bottle and a clean diaper" and "Awe... Furgle... you probably shouldn't be laying in the baby's bed thinger, but you're VERY cute."

Just wanted to share a fun story with you today. Have a lovely day everybody! ^_^

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment