Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2016

A Blast From The Past

     So last night I started playing a game on PS2 I haven't played in forever called "X Squad". I remember I rented it once upon a time from Blockbuster and at the time I thought it was pretty awesome. My mistake was wanting to play on the hardest difficulty as soon as I started it up. This game... is from the year 2000. On the hardest difficulty, you get shot four times and you're done, then you start over again from the very beginning of the mission.. ugh. So I eventually gave up and started over again on the easiest difficulty instead.

     Now I consider myself to be a pretty good gamer... on PC. I'm not so great with controllers and things; they feel weird to me. Plus, this game is so old that there isn't really any sort of way to be awesome at it. So I don't feel ashamed in any way that I'm playing through this game on easy. Who knows... maybe I'll play through it again on harder difficulties later if I figure something out about how to play better... or maybe I'll just play through it the one time because I have it and I'd like to say I've completed it.

     In any case, playing a game I haven't played for so many years really brings me back to my childhood. Apparently I've played much better games than this... but hey, it's a working game and I might as well start finishing some games. I have lots of them and I would really like to find the time to do just a little bit of something for me every once in a while, yet still spend enough time doing all the other activities I need to do. I don't quite know what I entirely need to do yet, but I'm settling in here and figuring things out. I think we're looking pretty good.

~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment