Search This Blog

Thursday 6 June 2019

The Honeymoon Adventure - Day Two - Calgary Zoo BONUS

Now what adventure would be any good without a bunch of selfies and a surprise event that we were lucky enough to be there for? Lucky enough for you, I am giving you exclusive access to these bonuses at the Calgary Zoo.

First thing's first. Look at this lovely place we found to enjoy the scene once we were running wandering through Eurasia.

Ooh, pretty. :)

Let's take a selfie! ^_^

Now that that's out of the way: They had shops in like every area and this is something that I had to take note of because you just don't get to see that sort of thing happen all too often.


The quality of that picture didn't turn out that great for some reason. Luckily, I don't think clarity is REQUIRED to see what's wrong with these items on sale.

Also... Fish. There were some indoor places around that had LOTS of fish. Carley has always wanted an active fish tank at home. Do you think this would be overkill?


Now for some pictures of Carley with animals. I've never seen someone so brave, getting that up close and personal with the animals. I guess they've been trained really well.


Wow! Even getting right up next to the cubs! How crazy is that? Actually... speaking of bears...


No wait, that's not an animal Kyle... it's just a log... let's try that again.


For those of you who aren't sure what that is... it's a bear. No, not a polar bear just a regular brown bear. Only... it's not quite brown. I didn't know they could come in different colours, but it turns out that they can! I mentioned the white bear in a previous post along with the bear training that we were lucky enough to catch if you're interested in reading about that.


I don't know about you, but I'm having fun. What about you Carley?


Oh... Uhh... is that giant petrified tree stump? That's right it is, and there's more where that came from.


There's my tough girl, being all tough and stuff after so bravely approaching those creatures. Hmm... I wonder what else we can find around here if we wander some more? Has Carley found something? Let's go follow her and find out!


Hey, what are you doing back there? Come out so I can take some beautiful pictures of my new wife!


That's better.

Wow, looking great in all the places. And rockin' those space pants!

Wow! Wait... aren't those penguins a little bit....... big? I'm getting a strange feeling here.

Now we've had a great time looking around and enjoying the views. and things, but I think it's time to find our way out of here. We've been here at the zoo since it opened this morning and I'm thinking we should find somewhere else to explore or something else to do for a little while before supper.

Now... how to we get out of here...? Wait... is that...?

Uh oh, looks like we've stumbled into the Prehistoric Park.

Yes it's pretty, but we should be careful we don't want to get trampled or eaten, right?

Really Carley? don't you think you're a little bit close?

No really though... shaking hands with them?

Alright, alright, I'm not mad, you can come out of hiding now.

Alright, but did you have to kill it?

Okay, I'm glad you had fun, but now it's time to go for real.

So that's everything. For serious this time. No more bonuses. We did really have a lot of fun though. We managed to get there at opening time and with how much we looked around, we basically went through the whole place twice by the time we left... and I think that was around 3:00 if I remember correctly. We even got some souvenirs from the shop (everything is probably way too expensive just because of the location) including Carley's panda sweater and my stuffed wolf which has been happily added to my collection of stuffed animals over the years.

Now, believe it or not, we're finally done with the Calgary Zoo. Time to move on to other parts of the adventure.


~ Kyle Welykholowa

No comments:

Post a Comment